Click on the link above to read the second part of the article relating to the benefits of mindfulness.
It is mental awareness week and we are all being encouraged to pay attention to the wellbeing of ourselves and others. One of the ways to do this is to be more mindful.
Turn on the TV and there are sport stars, actors and business leaders all advocating the importance of mindfulness.
There are innumerable podcasts either advocating or questioning the benefits of mindfulness as a useful aid to maintaining our mental health.
Mindfulness does, however, have many practical and tangible benefits to both businesses and individuals. Here is just one:
Turn Off The Autopilot
The human brain can process an average of seven pieces of information at any one time.
In other words, we can consciously focus on about seven thoughts at a time.
In order to increase our capability in this area the brain has learned to operate on autopilot in some areas. Tasks that are familiar can be done without thinking, whilst the brain focuses elsewhere. This has its advantages but it also has a huge downside in reducing our focus.
In your professional life
- Have you ever driven for 30 to 40 km and realised you can’t remember driving that last 10km?
- Have you written an email and realised later you couldn’t remember whether or not you sent the email or added the necessary attachment?
- Have you attended a meeting and later realised you couldn’t remember any of the actions points for which you were responsible?
In Your Private Life
- Have you ended a conversation with your partner or children and walked away unable to remember a single thing you have just discussed?
- Have you gone for a walk, wearing your headphones, and retuned to your car without remembering a single thing you saw on your walk?
- Have you spent your entire evening watching TV or searching social media without speaking to any of the people you love?
Are you living your life on autopilot and missing what is important?
Mindfulness helps us to disengage that autopilot and improve our focus on the important areas of our lives.
Mindfulness training can help you to:
- Improve your prioritisation at work and home
- Achieve a better work/life balance
- Build better relationships
- Reduce avoidable errors,
- Increase your productivity
- Gain greater satisfaction from your life
If you believe mindfulness training could help you, your business or your team please contact email@example.com to learn more about or face-to-face and online mindfulness programmes.
Throughout the lockdown we have all been given advice on how to survive the virus.
Much of this advice seemed familiar.
In this short video we look back at some of the health and well-being posters from the second world war to examine how the advice given then mirrors the advice being being given now.
To see the video please click on the link below:
Does the world feel weird right now?
This new video explains how Maslow’s hierarchy of needs can help to explain the effect of the lockdown on our physical and psychological well being.
Te see the full video please click on the link below:
One of the most frequent requests, as a result of COVID 19 is ‘How do I communicate with and manage teams where everybody is working remotely from home?
Geoff Marsh has just produced a short video containing 10 practical tips for dealing with the challenges of working with virtual teams.
To view the video please click on the link below
Geoff has teamed up with multi-award winning filmmaker William Blake on a new project.
‘The Star In You’. Offering to produce and film quality professional video ‘demos’ for performers and aspiring performers. These videos can be used to post online, or as files to send to potential agents or auditioning panels.
Their first project was Geoff’s own daughter, 21 year old Danielle. Danni has just graduated from Warwick University and is currently seeking professional representation and bookings. Click on the link above to hear. Guarantee you won’t be disappointed.
Another interesting thing about his type of projects is to choose amongst the top mortgage companies to help you find locations for your own videos.
I am very pleased to be able to say I am FINALLY getting round to updating my website with the help of the best available internet in my area.
I would like to thank Donald Jones for his invaluable help in this. I would highly recommend Donald for any website help you may need.
I hope people like the website www.dansamltd.co.uk . Have a look and let me know hat you think.